Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
Local business owners and prospective entrepreneurs have several opportunities to learn and network at free seminars planned at the Nash Community College Small Business Center.
Online registration is available for each class, with shortened links provided below. Attendees can also register for any of these seminars by calling Small Business Center Director Theresa Peaden at 252-451-8233 or emailing email@example.com.
• Thursday, Jan. 10, 6-8 p.m. — “Financing Your Business with Thread Capital.” Learn how to access credit and capital through Thread Capital, a new nonprofit subsidiary of the N.C. Rural Center that provides loans up to $50,000. Register at https://goo.gl/uRqcci.
• Monday, Jan. 14, 6-9 p.m. — “How to Increase Your Credit Score to Over 740 Points; Prepare for a Business Bank Loan.” Using several proven methods shared in this session, attendees can increase their credit score by 50-100 points or more within 60 days. Register at https://goo.gl/D4585A.
• Thursday, Jan. 17, 4-6 p.m. — “Business Tax Essentials.” Learn about filing and administrative requirements, sales and use tax law, North Carolina withholding, directions for completing sales tax and withholding returns, and how to file online. Register at https://goo.gl/u17g6F.
• Thursday, Jan. 17, 6:30-7:45 p.m. — “How to Rock Your Customer’s Farmers Market Experience.” Free live webinar designed for those looking to seriously up level their customer experience, have more fun at the market and increase sales. Register at https://goo.gl/dMDUFP.
• Thursday, Jan. 24, 6-9 p.m. — “Be Free of Debt’s Hold and Start Your Dream Business!” Presenting a simple yet effective method to start the process of being debt-free. Know the exact month and year you could be out of debt. Attendees are encouraged to bring a calculator. Register at https://goo.gl/3vryHf.
• Thursday, Jan. 24, 6:30-8 p.m. — “Facebook 101: Insider Tips & Tricks for Small Business Success.” Participants will be guided through each step from creating a business page, promoting through events and engaging content, utilizing Facebook Live and analyzing campaign results. Register at https://goo.gl/33sFGT.
• Wednesday, Jan. 30, 6:30-8:30 p.m. — “Is Owning a Business a Good Fit for You?” Distinguish between the myths and realities of small business ownership; start a self-assessment to determine your readiness and set a plan of action. Register at https://goo.gl/cE11En.
• Wednesday, Feb. 6, 7-8:30 p.m. — “Achieving Your Business and Personal Financial Goals.” Setting financial goals and practicing good budgeting habits both in business and personal life will accelerate success. Learn strategies to find and save money, thereby improving financial conditions. Register at https://goo.gl/bmTRWM.