Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
NASHVILLE — The Nash-Rocky Mount Board of Education has hired the North Carolina School Boards Association to help facilitate its search for the next superintendent of the Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools. To that end, the board is seeking direct input from interested parents, other members of the community and staff to help shape the search process and to assist in defining the qualities and characteristics desired in the next superintendent.
• Community survey: The board invites those interested to participate in a community survey that can be accessed and completed online by clicking the superintendent search survey link on the school system’s website, www.nrms.k12.nc.us. All surveys must be completed by Wednesday, Sept. 25, with results to be compiled, summarized and presented at the regularly scheduled board meeting on Monday, Oct. 7.
• Staff survey: In addition, all employees of NRMPS will have an opportunity to complete a separate online staff survey. Details about completing the employee version of the superintendent search survey will be communicated via school system email.
• Community forums: Students, parents, other community members and staff are invited to attend upcoming community forums. The forums will further allow the school board to hear directly from stakeholders about the qualities and characteristics desired in the next NRMPS superintendent. Planning for the community forums is currently ongoing, and additional information including the dates, times and locations will be shared when available.
• Statements from community groups: Local groups and organizations may submit written statements regarding the leadership qualities they consider important in the next superintendent. Such statements should be submitted to Allison Schafer via mail at NCSBA, P.O. Box 97877, Raleigh, NC 27624, via email at email@example.com or via fax at 919-841-4020. These statements should be received no later than Wednesday, Sept. 25.
• Public comment: Students, parents, other community members and staff may sign up to address the school board during the public comment period at any of the upcoming regularly scheduled board meetings, scheduled for 7 p.m. on Sept. 5 and Oct. 7. Meetings will be held in the auditorium of the Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools central office, located at 930 Eastern Ave. in Nashville. All individuals and groups must sign up to speak before the meeting begins and must otherwise comply with applicable board policy.